At his Green Hell Blog, Steve Milloy says:
Al Gore’s venture capital firm has invested $6 million in a software company that stands to make billions of dollars from cap-and-trade regulation — further fueling controversy that Gore lied about his profiteering from cap-and-trade to Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) and the House Energy and Environment Subcommittee during testimony in April.
Hara Software sells software to help track greenhouse gas emissions. The market for such software is now about $2.5 billion dollars in size, and is expected to grow by a factor of ten to $25 billion if cap-and-trade legislation is enacted, according to Hara CEO Amit Chatterjee.
Kleiner Perkins, a venture capital firm in which Al Gore is a partner, invested in Hara just last year. Chatterjee told Reuters that,
“This company would not have existed if Al Gore had not bought off on the idea.”
Gore is also under fire for lying to Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) at the same congressional hearing about his relationship with Goldman Sachs.
Operating as a stealth tax, cap-and-trade will make the vast majority of Americans poorer and less free — but Al Gore, Kleiner Perkins, Amit Chatterjee and Hara will be laughing all the way to the bank.
If there’s anyone out there who still doesn’t believe that Al Gore will profit when the solutions he’s pumping are implemented, here it is from the horse’s mouth at his 2008 TED presentation. As pretty pictures of Gore’s idea of green energy whiz by with prominent logos of Big Green corporations, i.e. Fisker Automotive, Smart (Car), Global Electric Motors (GEM), Amyris, Altra Biofuels, Mascoma, Sryia, GreatPoint Energy, AltaRock Energy, Inc., Bloom Energy, MiaSolé, and Ausra, Al Gore discloses:
Here are just a few of the investments that I personally think make sense. I have a stake in these, so I’ll have a disclaimer there.
Here’s a video excerpt. See it with your own eyes:
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Global warming without warming”: Global warming realism leads mainstream newspaper above the fold
- Al Gore-backed (and US government-backed) Fisker Automotive delivers $100,000 plug-in hybrid lemon to Consumer Reports; inexplicably broke down after 180 miles of testing
- Al Gore / AIT Index, Vol. 23: Global temperatures have plunged .56°F since An Inconvenient Truth was released
- Arctic native ribbon seal swims to Seattle to escape global cooling
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’