An excerpt from the interview:
John Roberts: A recent Pew poll found that global warming ranks last on a list of people’s top priorities. I read an analysis by Gallup poll editor Frank Newport recently who said there’s no evidence that the campaign against global warming is, uh, is, is winning, uh, it says, quote, it’s just not caught on and any measure we look at shows Al Gore’s losing at the moment, the public is just not that concerned. He says the public is concerned about the economy. Are you worried that concerns about the economy are eclipsing the work that you are trying to do?
Al Gore: …and as for those polls John, I, I strongly disagree with the couple that you mentioned. There are other polls that show that very, very high percentages of Americans now believe very strongly that we do have an obligation to solve this crisis, and that we can help our economy as we do so.
Which polls Al? Sure, the polls from two years ago, just after An Inconvenient Truth was released, show that the public was concerned. However, since the hockey stick has been destroyed, and it’s become widely recognized that the earth has cooled for eleven years now, the polls have swung in the other direction.
Hat tip: Tom Nelson
Possibly Related Posts:
- Al Gore-backed (and US government-backed) Fisker Automotive delivers $100,000 plug-in hybrid lemon to Consumer Reports; inexplicably broke down after 180 miles of testing
- Video: DeSmogBlogger Chris Mooney admits, “You have the rise of the blogosphere, where global warming denial is actually running rampant, and I think it’s totally got us whupped”
- Al Gore / AIT Index, Vol. 23: Global temperatures have plunged .56°F since An Inconvenient Truth was released
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 15 2010