As the Obama Administration takes steps to raise the CAFE standards ever higher, thereby creating an unfunded mandate that all Americans must drive golf carts, today is an appropriate time to recycle this favorite from the dusty archives:
“…you’re a man who likes to do things your own way, and on those special odd-numbered Saturdays when driving is permitted, you want it in your car. It’s that special feeling of a zero emissions wind at your back and a road ahead meandering with possibilities, the kind of feeling you get behind the wheel of a Pelosi GTxi SS/RT Sport Edition from Congressional Motors – all new for twenty-twelve! The Pelosi GTxi SS/RT Sport Edition is the mandatory American car so advanced it took $100 billion, and an entire Congress to design it. We started with the same reliable seven-way hybrid/ethanol/bio-diesel/electric/clean coal/wind/solar/pedal power plant behind the base model Pelosi, but packed it with extra oomph and the sassy stylin‘ pizazz that tells the world that 1974 Detroit is back again – with a vengeance! We’ve subsidized the features you want, and taxed away the rest! With it’s advanced Al Gore designed V-3 under the hood pumping out 22.5 thumping carbon-neutral ponies of Detroit muscle you’ll never be late for the disco or the day labor shelter….”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Video: DeSmogBlogger Chris Mooney admits, “You have the rise of the blogosphere, where global warming denial is actually running rampant, and I think it’s totally got us whupped”
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- The solution to Al Gore’s troubles? Karma Offsets!
- Vast right-wing conspiracy? ‘There are a team of paid professionals who have spent the last 15 years sowing confusion and doubt about this…and they’ve been incredibly successful’
- Al Gore’s lack of credentials touted as ‘one of the arguments’ he should be nominated to SCOTUS. Why not? He’s no climate scientist either!