Another alarmist jumps ship, and joins the realists/skeptics.
Steve Fielding is a Victorian Senator and the Federal parliamentary leader of the Family First Party in Australia. Sen. Fielding has recently had a change of heart
brain on man-made climate change.
Previously he was in the alarmist camp, and had previously earned some alarmist cred by being awarded an Idiotic Comment of the Day Gong at the Australian Climate Madness blog for this bit of insanity:
DIVORCE adds to the impact of global warming as couples switch to wasteful single lifestyles, Family First senator Steve Fielding says.
He told a Senate hearing on today that divorce led to a “resource-inefficient lifestyle” and it would be better for the planet if couples stayed married.
When couples separate, they need more rooms, more electricity and more water, which increases their carbon footprint.
“We understand that there is a social problem (with divorce), but now we’re seeing there is also environmental impact as well on the footprint,” Senator Fielding said.
The senator has now changed his tune, and even went half way around the world to DC for The Heartland Institute’s Third International Conference on Climate Change to marinate himself in some healthy skepticism. Fielding has changed his tune, saying at the conference:
I suppose I’m in the camp of what people call the realists or the skeptics.
And goes on to ask:
Is man the problem? And if not what are we doing?
Hat tip: Climate Change Fraud
Possibly Related Posts:
- Video: DeSmogBlogger Chris Mooney admits, “You have the rise of the blogosphere, where global warming denial is actually running rampant, and I think it’s totally got us whupped”
- 2009 video: DeSmog’s Brendan DeMelle ironically explains that as citizen journalists, bloggers should “report facts, and not lies”
- Questions for Peter Gleick regarding the “anonymous letter” he received: Where was the envelope postmarked? Do you still have the envelope? Was there a cover letter?
- Laughable now: Peter Gleick accused Heartland in 2009 of not being an “honest broker” in the global warming debate
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’