To paraphrase Tom Nelson, more raving madness from James Hansen.
The following exchange can be found at about 8:30 in the video.
Softball question for James Hansen:
…I wonder if that’s not another part of the reason that the public has a certain trouble connecting this is ’cause we in the press for so long mimicking you, with all due respect, in the scientific world. Most of your models were talking about the year 2100 as when we would REALLY feel the impacts, and hasn’t climate change arrived 100 years sooner than you scientists expected?
To which Hansen deadpans:
…The climate models were not, uh, are more sluggish than the real world has turned out to be.
Possibly Related Posts:
- As their model fails, NOAA says: “We’re working on updating the model”
- Video: DeSmogBlogger Chris Mooney admits, “You have the rise of the blogosphere, where global warming denial is actually running rampant, and I think it’s totally got us whupped”
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- The solution to Al Gore’s troubles? Karma Offsets!
- Vast right-wing conspiracy? ‘There are a team of paid professionals who have spent the last 15 years sowing confusion and doubt about this…and they’ve been incredibly successful’