This is getting ridiculous.
Lately it’s been called “our deteriorating atmosphere“. Before that it was the “climate crisis”. Before that it was called “climate change”. Before that it had been called “global warming”. Before that it had been called the weather. Now, Joy Trueblood, of Sandy, Oregon proposes it be called, “man-made atmosphere change”. No doubt because the earth hasn’t been warming for the past eleven years.
The recent letters in your paper disputing climate change show clearly why we need to relabel the problem as “man-made atmosphere change.”
Man-made atmosphere change is real. It’s happening now. It can’t be disputed. It can be measured. All reputable scientists know it’s happening, and most laymen can understand it.
It can be shown in pictures of smokestacks and tailpipes emitting carbon dioxide along with other pollutants. Pictures make it easier for climate change deniers to understand what is happening.
Climate change is just one consequence of letting polluters mess with our atmosphere. It seems incredibly stupid, as well as morally wrong, to change the atmosphere that produced and sustains our life on Earth, especially if solutions are as simple as more emissions controls on smokestacks and cars, driving less, eating less beef and using birth control.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Global warming without warming”: Global warming realism leads mainstream newspaper above the fold
- Arctic native ribbon seal swims to Seattle to escape global cooling
- Fellow man-made global warming skeptic blogger declares victory; puts blog on ice
- The bubble of climate change group-think burst in a cooling world
- Climate change consensus: Exposing the great ‘catastrophe’ myth