Obviously, this is fall-out from yesterday’s stunning Massachusetts special election. Not only is government-run health care dead, but cap and trade and the EPA’s regulation of CO2 are also on their death beds.
Three Democratic senators are joining an effort to block the Obama administration from taking steps to reduce the pollution blamed for global warming.
Democrats Ben Nelson of Nebraska, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, and Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas have signed onto a resolution introduced Thursday by Republican Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. The measure, which must pass Congress and be signed by the President, would bar the Environmental Protection Agency from issuing regulations to control greenhouse gases.
Nelson, Lincoln and Landrieu seem to be attempting to save their political careers judging from this move.
Hat tip: @gl0bal_warming
Possibly Related Posts:
- Study: ‘Modern high-yield farming lowered the amount of greenhouse gases pumped into the Earth’s atmosphere toward the end of the 20th Century by a massive amount’
- Domino Effect: Utah, then Texas, and now Virginia challenging EPA’s greenhouse gas regulations
- Utah legislative panel digs its heels in against EPA’s CO2 regs; passes resolution mentioning ‘flawed climate data’, and critical of $7B ‘climate change gravy train’
- Scientist’s Letter to the Editor: ‘It is simply not logical that controlling a single (and miniscule, by volume) variable such as atmospheric CO2 will allow us to bend the entire global climate to our will’
- Tragic misplaced fear: Man afraid of harmless carbon dioxide killed by deadly carbon monoxide