I’d written here that I didn’t much care to post about Al Gore’s separation from his wife Tipper as it’s a personal issue that is apparently unrelated to the subject matter of this blog.
The new allegations against Gore that surfaced today are a different matter: One, it’s alleged that a crime occurred (sexual assault), and two, it happened immediately after Gore gave his global warming slide show in support of this science fiction/fantasy movie An Inconvenient Truth on the night of October, 2006 at the Portland Rose Garden’s Theater of the Clouds.
Even if what the woman is alleging happened did indeed happen, the case looks difficult to prosecute from my perspective. It’s his word against hers, and there doesn’t seem to be any witnesses. However, there may be the equivalent of a “blue dress”:
The woman told investigators that she informed two friends and kept the clothes she wore that night, including her black pants with stains on them.
But, even if Gore’s DNA was found on the black pants, Gore would surely claim that anything that happened was consensual.
The details described to the Portland Police as told by The Oregonian are certainly colorful, and what caught my eye were the descriptions of Gore by the alleged victim, which inspired this poll:
Possibly Related Posts:
- Al Gore-backed (and US government-backed) Fisker Automotive delivers $100,000 plug-in hybrid lemon to Consumer Reports; inexplicably broke down after 180 miles of testing
- Al Gore / AIT Index, Vol. 23: Global temperatures have plunged .56°F since An Inconvenient Truth was released
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 15 2010
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 8 2010