This video is from December 21, 2009 at COP15 – just about a month after Climategate 1.0 hit – so it’s not exactly fresh, but I just discovered it on YouTube, and DeSmogblogger Chris Mooney makes a very frank admission about the skeptic blogosphere that I believe went unnoticed back in ’09, but is relevant even 2+ years later:
“…You have the rise of the blogosphere, where global warming denial is actually running rampant, and I think it’s totally got us whupped, in terms of pro-climate bloggers versus anti-climate bloggers….”
One explanation of why the alarmists were, and are continuing to get “whupped”, was noted by Ross McKitrick recently, and was featured on WUWT as last week’s quote of the week. McKitrick:
“The problem the alarmists had, was that there was never anything substantial to hit back at. They had the equivalents of the big guns and the massive air support but there never was a skeptic HQ to be pounded, no big central organization, no massed ranks of skeptic soldiers or even any third-party backing the resistance.
Every one of the skeptics was a lone volunteer guerrilla fighter, who needed absolutely no logistical support of any kind to continue the fight indefinitely. The alarmists never understood this, preferring to think that there simply had to be some massive hidden organization orchestrating the resistance. While they wasted time and effort attacking targets that only existed in their head, each of the guerrillas chewed on them mercilessly in their own particular way.”
The entire Mooney video is here.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- The solution to Al Gore’s troubles? Karma Offsets!
- Vast right-wing conspiracy? ‘There are a team of paid professionals who have spent the last 15 years sowing confusion and doubt about this…and they’ve been incredibly successful’
- Al Gore’s lack of credentials touted as ‘one of the arguments’ he should be nominated to SCOTUS. Why not? He’s no climate scientist either!
- Video: O’Reilly Factor producer confronts Al Gore with inconvenient questions; Gore scurries for cover