The answer to the question, “AGW causes earthquakes?” is NO.
Gore’s lies have brought forth a real nut.
A commenter on Watts Up With That:
tty (03:02:36) :
The very idea that a temperature change of a few tenths of a degree would affect the motion of lithospheric plates thousands of kilometers across and hundreds of kilometers thick, or change the friction in faults tens of kilometers down where the temperature is a couple of hundred degrees is utterly absurd.
This is however really worrisome, not because of the story itself, which is 100% pure bullshit, but because it shows that the “mainstream” media will believe and repeat absolutely anything about AGW without checking or thinking.
I should say the moral is: Never believe anything you hear on CBS.
Anthony Watts is reporting that CBS News and the AP have removed this story from their websites, as if it never existed. Anthony is dissecting the corpse of this one here.
As of 6/19/2008, 11:35 PM PDT MSNBC still has this story up on their website.
Yet again, CBS fails to check out the facts of a story. It fit the narrative that they are trying to push, and they wanted to get a scoop. Rather’s not there. Mary Mapes isn’t there anymore. Whose head will roll this time?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Al Gore-backed (and US government-backed) Fisker Automotive delivers $100,000 plug-in hybrid lemon to Consumer Reports; inexplicably broke down after 180 miles of testing
- Al Gore / AIT Index, Vol. 23: Global temperatures have plunged .56°F since An Inconvenient Truth was released
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 15 2010
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 8 2010