Americans for Prosperity’s President, Tim Phillips, flew in for the rally, and addressed the crowd at this stop on their Hot Air Tour. I shot this video from the front row.
A few choice quotes from Tim Phillips:
“The #1 emitter of hot air in America has to be Al Gore!”
“This cap and trade legislation will literally destroy the American economy.”
“Cap and trade means lost jobs…higher taxes, and loss of your individual freedom.”
There’s a verbal skirmish near the end of the video where a drunk who wandered by attempts to disrupt the rally.
See the “Possibly Related Posts” below for our previous posts on this rally.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Al Gore-backed (and US government-backed) Fisker Automotive delivers $100,000 plug-in hybrid lemon to Consumer Reports; inexplicably broke down after 180 miles of testing
- Video: DeSmogBlogger Chris Mooney admits, “You have the rise of the blogosphere, where global warming denial is actually running rampant, and I think it’s totally got us whupped”
- Al Gore / AIT Index, Vol. 23: Global temperatures have plunged .56°F since An Inconvenient Truth was released
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 15 2010