Biting sarcasm straight from Planet Moron:
An ongoing series dedicated to vigorously monitoring emerging threats to The Consensus that global warming is real, caused by humans, and must be addressed at all costs.
Because without Consensus, scientific conclusions could be subject to public scrutiny.
As a result of the minor climate contretemps of the past several months in which the entire construct of global warming theory has been called into question, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has decided to launch an independent review of its research vetting process with a specific focus on IPCC chief Rejandra Pachauri, plus re-examine 160 years of temperature data.
Call it a scientific “do over.”
This, of course, should not in any way impede our progress towards manic implementation of hastily conceived measures meant to address the very real threat of manmade public hysteria over impending climate catastrophe.
After all, we already know the conclusion. Think of these investigations as more of a formality, like a real estate closing only without as much uncertainty.
In another positive development, the multi-talented, Nobel Prize and Academy Award winning Al Gore broke his weeks-long silence (no doubt spent in quiet contemplation with his spiritual advisor and tax accountant) to address a world desperate for his guidance.
While we had hoped he would deliver his message through an interpretive dance routine, thereby all but ensuring a Tony nomination, he chose instead the more conventional path of writing a piece for The New York Times in which he addressed the “two minor errors” of the IPCC reports.
Read it all on Planet Moron.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Al Gore-backed (and US government-backed) Fisker Automotive delivers $100,000 plug-in hybrid lemon to Consumer Reports; inexplicably broke down after 180 miles of testing
- Al Gore / AIT Index, Vol. 23: Global temperatures have plunged .56°F since An Inconvenient Truth was released
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 15 2010
- Global Warming Hoax Weekly Round-Up, July 8 2010