Dr. Roy Spencer gives a preview of his new book, “The Great Global Warming Blunder: How Mother Nature Fooled the World’s Top Climate Scientists“:
About one-half of Blunder is a non-technical description of our new peer reviewed and soon-to-be-published research which supports the opinion that a majority of Americans already hold: that warming in recent decades is mostly due to a natural cycle in the climate system — not to an increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide from fossil fuel burning….
Believe it or not, this potential natural explanation for recent warming has never been seriously researched by climate scientists. The main reason they have ignored this possibility is that they cannot think of what might have caused it.
You see, climate researchers are rather myopic. They think that the only way for global-average temperatures to change is for the climate system to be forced ‘externally’…by a change in the output of the sun, or by a large volcanic eruption. These are events which occur external to the normal, internal operation of the climate system.
But what they have ignored is the potential for the climate system to cause its own climate change. Climate change is simply what the system does, owing to its complex, dynamic, chaotic internal behavior.
And what does Dr. Spencer think is the main climate change variable that is missing from the alarmists’ theories? Changes in cloud cover.
Dr. Spencer concludes:
The supposed explanation that global warming is due to increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide from our burning of fossil fuels turns out to be based upon little more than circumstantial evidence. It is partly a symptom of our rather primitive understanding of how the climate system works.And I predict that the proposed cure for global warming – reducing greenhouse gas emissions – will someday seem as outdated as using leeches to cure human illnesses.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Six Videos: Dr. Roy Spencer discusses the science behind his anthropogenic global warming skepticism
- FALSIFYING INFORMATION is on Dr. Roy Spencer’s list of ten propaganda techniques used by Al Gore
- Dr. Roy Spencer: "As of this writing (January 9), it looks like the coldest temperatures in the Lower 48 are yet to come"
- Vincent Gray: The Absurdity of a Reliable Average Global Surface Temperature (and James Hansen Agrees)
- Dr. Roy Spencer: Two of his papers submitted to Geophysical Research Letters were both rejected due to "scientific censorship"