Just when you think it can’t get any worse, along comes Washington with “cap and trade.” Led by that giant of science, Nancy Pelosi, Congress has just passed a bill that may change our economic downturn into another depression. Not only that, it will have no measurable effect on climate. These people could make shooting yourself in the foot look like a stroke of genius.
With respect to global warming, the planet has not warmed significantly in the past 10 years, and has cooled in the past two. With respect to carbon dioxide, the U.N. manipulated the mathematical models to exaggerate the role of carbon dioxide. In truth, it is minute. This whole thing is a scam. Ever since Al Gore has been channeling “Chicken Little,” his bank account has swollen. The Democrats want in on the gravy train, at our expense.
It is worth noting that cap and trade has been in effect in Europe for a couple of years and is having many deleterious economic consequences, while producing no measurable benefit to the environment. When your heating bills double and when unemployment hits 15 percent, I hope you remember to thank the Democrats.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Origin of the phrase ‘climate change’? Blame it on Bush
- Scientist’s Letter to the Editor: ‘It is simply not logical that controlling a single (and miniscule, by volume) variable such as atmospheric CO2 will allow us to bend the entire global climate to our will’
- Newspaper’s sustainability message backfires: Letter writer sarcastically takes message to heart; considers canceling subscription
- Al Gore’s prediction: Senate will pass cap and trade ‘before Copenhagen’. Intrade: Cap and trade prediction market is trading at only $9 after peaking at $35 during summer
- Bias? The Oregonian edited a reader’s letter to expunge views skeptical of man-made global warming