Featuring Chris Horner, Dr. Patrick Michaels, Dr. Marlo Lewis, Bob Ferguson, Todd Wynn, and Not Evil, Just Wrong’s Ann McElhinney, Climate Chains is a new documentary by the Cascade Policy Institute that seeks to keep the sanity in the debate over cap and trade legislation:
One of the greatest threats to freedom and prosperity in America is climate change legislation. Federal and state governments are focused on passing legislation to reduce greenhouse gases, mainly carbon dioxide, emitted through the combustion of fossil fuels. This legislation is known to have profound effects on the livelihood and economic well-being of Americans. It is about more than just money and taxes; it’s about the massive erosion of the world’s standard of living.
Fortunately, America’s wealth and prosperity have made ours one of the cleanest environments in the world. But the fact that improved environmental quality goes hand-in-hand with economic prosperity is often overlooked. Both flourish when property rights are respected and the rule of law is enforced.
Because of both the lack of environmental benefits and the substantial costs associated with climate legislation, Cascade Policy Institute, in association with Victory Studios, is spearheading a video campaign to educate politicians and the American public about this important issue.
Climate Chains is a 22-minute documentary that exposes extreme environmentalism and the misguided pursuit of cap-and-trade legislation. Climate Chains not only explains the dangers of this legislation but offers an alternative to top-down regulation in the form of free market environmentalism.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Video: DeSmogBlogger Chris Mooney admits, “You have the rise of the blogosphere, where global warming denial is actually running rampant, and I think it’s totally got us whupped”
- Let’s all walk, bike, swim, or paddle to Peru since Al Gore has pronounced his admiration for ‘the growing eco-tourism that is flourishing in Peru’
- The solution to Al Gore’s troubles? Karma Offsets!
- Vast right-wing conspiracy? ‘There are a team of paid professionals who have spent the last 15 years sowing confusion and doubt about this…and they’ve been incredibly successful’
- Al Gore’s lack of credentials touted as ‘one of the arguments’ he should be nominated to SCOTUS. Why not? He’s no climate scientist either!