We’re told that wind is free energy. 130,000 Google search results prove that this is an incontrovertible fact, right?
The newspaper’s web edition of this story didn’t contain the wind farm photo that my dead tree edition did (as pictured above), which juxtaposes so inconveniently the truth about the cost of wind power.
Company officials acknowledged that it’s a terrible time for rate increases, but said the investments were in many cases being driven by state and local mandates for more renewable power and pollution controls.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Global warming without warming”: Global warming realism leads mainstream newspaper above the fold
- Video: Power company official reveals that wind farms are ‘in fact, creating emissions’
- Scientist on fluctuating Pacific Northwest snowpacks: ‘If you try to spin it that all of the loss we’re seeing is evidence of what global warming is doing, you really risk undermining your credibility’
- Investigation by The Oregonian reveals state officials deliberately low-balled the cost of green subsidies; program ended up costing 40 times more than unsuspecting lawmakers were told
- As energy demand surges with the mid-summer heat in the Pacific Northwest, wind power generation plummets to, well, pretty much zero